With 700 plus members, the Martinsburg Sportsmen’s Association is probably the largest sportsmen’s group in Morrisons Cove. It is also one of the oldest, dating back to August 11, 1935, when five Martinsburg sportsmen, Dr. Harry E. Henry, Dr. Howard A. Kerr, Charlie Ake, Harry Greenleaf and Jay Greaser, met in Alexander’s Grocery and founded the club. By the end of the year, the club boasted 35 charter members. The club met at the Fire Hall and the Municipal Building until 1954, when the present clubhouse was dedicated.
The Martinsburg Sportsmen’s Association is an active group and has been from its inception. It is presently affiliated with the Unified Sportsmen of Pennsylvania and has voting privileges with that group. Also affiliated with the National Rifle Association.